Weekly Update

Happy Sunday to you all!  I hope you had a wonderful weekend and were able to enjoy the sunshine today!

It was great to connect with many of you this week and talk about your child’s progress.  If you didn’t get a chance to come in but would still like to, please send me an email and we will set up an appointment time.

We had a WONDERFUL track meet on Thursday!  The weather was a little bit chilly but the student’s didn’t seem to mind!  I was so proud of all of the Highroad Academy students that were there.  They showed sportsmanship, positive attitudes, and Christlike character.  Well done!  I am putting together a video to show the kids this week and will post it on the blog once they have seen it.

Here are a few things coming up…

BMV – this was handed out last week and is updated on our blog.  BMV is tested on Wednesdays.

Spelling – this is the last week of words from our regular spelling book.  We will then start working on words that are commonly misspelled by intermediate students.  For this week, though, the words are:  circle, division, absence, deceived, appearance, weird, nation, minute, automobile, source

Rube Goldberg – Students finished their Rube Goldberg Machines this week and we had our judge, high school Science teacher Mrs. Johnsrude, come in to watch their presentations.  The students did an amazing job, worked hard, and built very creative machines!  They learned A LOT through this project, and should be very proud of themselves.

Upcoming Dates:

Friday, May 17th – Pro D Day

Monday, May 20th – Victoria Day

Thursday, May 23rd – Peter Pan Musical

Monday, May 27th – Spring Sing

Wednesday, May 29th – Knight’s Day

Here are some pictures from this week…