About Mrs. E & Mrs. G

Contact info:

Martina Ellis:  e-mail:  mellis@highroadacademy.com

Pam Goosen: e-mail: pgoosen@highroadacademy.com

Introducing Mrs. Ellis…

My journey as a teacher started in Switzerland where I was born. After I completed my studies I was curious about life outside the borders of this small country and felt led to come to Vancouver, Canada for a year to learn English. Little did I know that this one year would turn into getting married to a Canadian, becoming a mother to three girls and also becoming Canadian.  For the first seven years of our girls’ education, we were involved with HCOS (Heritage Christian Online School). Along with teaching our girls, I had the opportunity to teach in a cooperative school setting, community classes, and leading the Adonia musical camps. Soon after our move to Chilliwack in 2016 we were introduced to Highroad Academy and quickly knew that we needed to connect with this community. This new connection has been a tremendous blessing to me personally and our family.

In my spare time I like to try out new recipes or do some traditional Swiss baking. I also enjoy singing and making joyful noises unto the Lord.

Introducing Mrs. Goosen…

Although I am a BC girl at heart, my first eleven years of marriage were spent enjoying the beautiful prairie provinces of Manitoba and Saskatchewan.  It was at The University of Winnipeg that I completed my Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Education degrees and began my teaching career as a primary teacher.  In 2009 Patrick and I felt ourselves ready to move ‘back home’ and settled here in the beautiful city of Chilliwack.  Raising three boys here has been such a blessing as we enjoy spending time together on our boat in the summer and the ski hills in the winter.  I will be starting my eighth year teaching at Highroad Academy and I love being part of this amazing staff.  It was here that I found my ‘niche’ – teaching intermediate!  I love their passion, curiosity, in-depth conversations and helping students grow closer in their walk with Jesus.  In my spare time I love heading to Starbucks for a coffee, try to keep in shape, and I am always on the hunt for a good bargain!