About Miss. D & Mrs. G

Contact info:

Amanda Doerksen:  e-mail:  adoerksen@highroadacademy.com

Pam Goosen: e-mail: pgoosen@highroadacademy.com

Introducing Miss. Doerksen…

I have lived in Abbotsford all my life. I started my post-secondary career at Peace River Bible Institute in Sexsmith, AB (2006) pursuing a Bachelor of Religious Education. During this time I felt a growing call to combine my passions for missions and for faith-based education, leading me to pursue a teaching degree. I completed my Bachelor of Arts at the University of the Fraser Valley in 2015 and my Bachelor of Education at Trinity Western University in 2017. One of the most impactful moments of my teaching journey was in 2013 when I had the opportunity to be an elementary teacher’s assistant at international schools in Tanzania and Kenya. Most of my teaching experience has been in primary grades and I am looking forward to joining the intermediate world and working alongside students to go deeper and engage in meaningful dialogue. When I’m not at school I enjoy practicing my ukulele, taking pictures of our beautiful world, and reading a good book.

Introducing Mrs. Goosen…

Although I am a BC girl at heart, my first eleven years of marriage were spent enjoying the beautiful prairie provinces of Manitoba and Saskatchewan.  It was at The University of Winnipeg that I completed my Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Education degrees and began my teaching career as a primary teacher.  In 2009 Patrick and I felt ourselves ready to move ‘back home’ and settled here in the beautiful city of Chilliwack.  Raising three boys here has been such a blessing as we enjoy spending time together on our boat in the summer and the ski hills in the winter.  I will be starting my eighth year teaching at Highroad Academy and I love being part of this amazing staff.  It was here that I found my ‘niche’ – teaching intermediate!  I love their passion, curiosity, in-depth conversations and helping students grow closer in their walk with Jesus.  In my spare time I love heading to Starbucks for a coffee, try to keep in shape, and I am always on the hunt for a good bargain!