And We’re Off!

We have officially finished the first week of school!  Ms. Miller and I want to let you know how THRILLED we are to be teaching this amazing group of students!  This week was full of get to know you activities, Math (that used candies – say what?), lessons that focused on how to effectively work in a group, fun art projects and reviewing what core competencies are.  Phew!  That’s a lot for the first week of school!

I will be sending weekly posts home, usually on Friday or Saturday.  In these posts I will try my best to add pictures of your kids in action!  I will let you know what we have been learning as well as important information about our classroom or upcoming events.  At the end of each post I will also include the school calendar for next several weeks.

Here we go…

School Supplies – thank you for sending these on the first day of school.  If you didn’t quite get everything in this week, please ensure that you send it next week with your child.  All supplies are kept separate this year so I will notify you when certain supplies are getting low.

Health Check – Ms. Miller and I are asking the students every morning if they have done their health check.  It is really important that health checks are done at home each morning.  Thank you!

After School Pick Up – Just a friendly reminder to pick up your children as close to 2:55 as possible.  As the playground is closed after school, we are waiting outside with the class until all students have gone home.  Thank you for your understanding!

Class Economy – there has been quite a buzz in the classroom about our classroom economy.  Students have applied for, and received their first classroom job.  They will start earning money and hopefully not incur any fines this month.  At the end of the month students will pay $500 rent for their desk as well as receive their monthly salary.  With their profits, students have an opportunity to purchase items from a classroom store.  We would love donations from parents to help run this store.  I have purchased some things to get us started but this will not sustain us through the year.  A couple of chocolate bars, Halloween candy, unwanted toys from home, etc. make excellent store items.

Individual Student Photos – these are happening on Friday, September 18th.  Please have students wear their uniform next Friday (instead of Knight’s wear).

Upcoming Dates:

Friday, September 18th – Student photos

Sept. 18 – Individual Photos

Sept. 25 – Knights Day

Sept. 28 – Pro D Day

Sept. 30 – Orange Shirt Day

Here are a few photos from our week…enjoy!