Weekly Update

Happy Saturday to you.  It feels a bit odd writing a weekly update when I missed half of the week due to being sick!  Today I am feeling much better, though, and I’m pretty positive I’ll be at school on Monday.  I am thankful to Mr. Cliff and Mrs. Willms for coming into our classroom while I was away – they both reported that the class was FANTASTIC…I was not surprised in the least!  =)

This week we focused a lot on learning about residential schools and the history of Orange Shirt day through age-appropriate picture books and activities.  On Thursday students wrote healing words onto orange hearts that will be going around the fence facing Chilliwack Central Road.

French Quiz on Thursday:. We have been working on our French alphabet this week.  I was originally going to quiz the students this Tuesday, but I wanted some daily practice during the week.  With my absence that didn’t happen, so we will now have the quiz on Thursday,  October 6th.  I will say 10 letters of the alphabet in French and they will write the letter for me.  I am attaching the video to help your child practice.  They should have brought their duotang home last week.

Class Store on Monday:  Last Thursday was supposed to be our first class store – another thing that will be happening this week!  This is always such a fun day as students will get paid for doing their class job, pay rent on their desk, and then have an opportunity to spend some of their money at the store!  This is also a GREAT lesson on the importance of saving for things you really want, as not all items are affordable yet!

Upcoming Dates:

Friday, October 7th – Pro D Day

Monday, October 10 – Thanksgiving

Friday, October 14 – Knight’s Day

Friday, October 21st – Pro D Day

Tuesday, October 25th – School Photo Retakes

Wednesday, October 26th – Fall Colour Day