May 2022 archive

Weekly Update

Happy May 1st to you!  I hope your family is having a wonderful weekend!  We have a number of things coming up this month so I have a fair amount of information for you today.

Track Meet:  Track and field is one of the highlights of the Intermediate year and we are excited to once again travel to Bear Creek Park, Surrey to participate in this event. The track meet is coming up on May 5 and the weather that day is supposed to be fabulous (if the weather reports are to be believed!).

The meet will be a fun-filled day of competition and excitement. Your child will have the chance to run against other kids their age in various events such as the 100 meter dash, long jump, ball throw, high jump, and the 400m. They will also have an opportunity to cheer on their teammates as they compete in these events.

As all Intermediate students are going, our busses/shuttles are going to be extremely full. If there is possibility that you can drive your own child, I would appreciate it if you could let me know as soon as possible even if you had already signed up for your child to go on the bus. We are also looking for volunteers for the day. Volunteers would be at our table handing out ribbons to students as they finish events. It’s a very easy job.

🙂

Thanks for your help! It should be a fun day!
May 4th:  Star Wars/Superhero Dress Up Day:  I LOVE this dress up day and am excited to see all the students costumes this year!  Just a friendly reminder that weapons (including lightsabers) should stay home.
Britannia Mine Museum:  I am looking for a few more parents to join us for this fun field trip.  I have a parent who is driving a large vehicle and is happy to carpool if anyone is interested.  I also do have two spots on the shuttle for anyone who would like to join the noisy bus.  Please email pgoosen@highroadacademy.com if you are able to join us.
Dates to Remembers: 
May 4 – Star Wars/Superhero Day
May 5 – Intermediate Track and Field
May 6 – Knight’s Day
May 8 – Mother’s Day
May 13 – Knight’s Day
May 18 – Jeans Day ($2 minimum donation)
May 20 – PD Day
May 23 – Victoria Day

1 2