Spelling and Other Things…

I hope you had a fabulous weekend and had a chance to enjoy the beautiful weather!  I have this weeks spelling list.  Since this is a short week, Mrs. Derksen will give the class their test on THURSDAY.  I have also set up Spelling City.  This website allows your child to practice the words through different games and gives them an opportunity to take  an online test.  If they score 20/20 on their Spelling City test, and bring proof of that to myself or Mrs. Derksen (through a signed note in their planner OR by printing of a certificate from Spelling City), they will get a small treat.  Students will still be required to take the test in class at the end of the week.

I will add the link to the sidebar – and also put it below:

http://www.spellingcity.com/hragrade6/

Here are the spelling words for the week:  radio, video, shelf, valley, mouse, echo, diamond, salary, lawyer, prisoner, prefix, success, variety, sheep, moose, piano, eternity, tomato, idea, enemy

TERRY FOX RUN is happening this Tuesday.  Please bring a toonie on Tuesday in support of the Terry Fox Foundation.  I am still in need of a few parents to bring oranges.  Please let me know if you are able to help out in that way.  It would be greatly appreciated!!

Also just a reminder that Friday is a Pr0-D Day!

Thanks!  Mrs. Goosen