Weekly Update

Good evening!  I thought I would send this update a day early since there is so much going on this last week of school.  I promise if you read to the end that I will reward you with some adorable photos of your children!

Cookie Decorating Tomorrow – the sugar cookies and icing have arrived and we now just need some delicious toppings!  Please send along with your child tomorrow morning.

Christmas Concert – On Monday, December 17th we will be having our Christmas concert.  The concert will take place at 6:30 pm in the gym and we ask that you have your child in their classroom by 6:10.  The students work very hard to prepare for this event and it is our expectation that students participate in the Christmas concert.

Each class will be wearing different costumes: and our class will be dressing up as ROCK STARS! 

We look forward to a wonderful concert as it is a great way to celebrate the Christmas season!

Intermediate Ski Trip – You will need to sign up AND return your green form back to the classroom before Christmas break.  Please be prompt in signing up for this as registration does close next week.  Payment for the ski trip will be Wednesday, January 9th & 10th after school in the lobby.  If you have any questions please email me at pgoosen@highroadacademy.com

Mixtures & Solutions Unit Test on Tuesday, December 18th – I have been teaching the students how to use the study guide given out to help them study for a quiz.  We spent some time studying alone and in partners and will also play a studying game tomorrow. I really encourage your child to study over the weekend and prepare for this quiz.

My Education Gradebook Available – This became available to parents on Tuesday.  Please note that I still have Science duotangs to mark as well as a couple of writing paragraphs.  The grades will be updated again in the next week.  If you have any questions about your child’s progress please send me an email or stop by the classroom to chat.

Class Party on Wednesday, December 19th – We will be having a class lunch and White Elephant gift exchange next Wednesday.  We ask that each child bring a wrapped $5 gift for our gift exchange as well as a lunch item to share with the class.  Below I have written a class list as well as the item that I would like your child to bring.

Lily– 300 grams lunch meat                     Judah – veggies & dip

Keira – 300 grams lunch meat                 Avrie – small fruit platter

Aria – 300 grams lunch meat                   AJ– 300 grams lunch meat

Mica – dessert for 12                               Xander– 1 dozen buns, sliced

Jonah– 1 dozen buns, sliced                    Emma  – sliced cheese

Tilly – sliced cheese                                Audrina – 1 litre pop or juice

Leam – 1 litre pop or juice                      Anthony – 1 dozen buns, sliced

Leia – 1 litre pop or juice                        Jaylin– 1 bag chips

Daniel– 1 bag chips                                 Abigail – 1 bag chips

Haylie– dessert for 12                              Mrs. Ellis – 1 bag chips

Mrs. G – plates, napkins, cups, condiments, chips

Upcoming Dates:

Monday, Dec. 17 – Grade 4-12 Christmas concert 6:30

Wednesday, Dec. 19th – Class Lunch & Gift Exchange

Thursday, Dec. 20 – Primary Christmas Concert – 1:00 pm (2 pm Dismissal) & Intermediate Movie (Polar Express)

Friday, Dec. 21 – January 6th:  Christmas holidays

Here are some pictures for you to enjoy!