Weekly Update

I hope your family stayed dry and had a wonderful weekend.  Thank you for meeting with me on Friday to talk about your child.  I always look forward to talking with you and discussing all the great learning that is happening this year.  If you were unable to meet but would still like to, please send me an email and we can set something up over the next week.

We have a busy couple of weeks before Christmas.  Here are a few things for you to note:

Classroom Christmas Decorating on Tuesday: On Tuesday afternoon we will be decorating our class for Christmas.  We would love any extra decorations you aren’t using this year!  We will happily return them once we are finished with them.

BYO Mug on Tuesday:  We will be enjoying hot chocolate and cookies once we are done decorating.  Please have your child bring a mug to school.

Christmas Party & White Elephant Gift Exchange:  On Wednesday, December 15th we will have a $5 White Elephant gift exchange. Students will bring a $5 wrapped present to school on that day.

Rube Goldberg Machines: On Tuesday students will be partnered up to start planning a science project – building a Rube Goldberg Machine.  The following week we will head into our ‘building phase’ and work hard to have our machines ready for the final week of school before the break.  Students will likely be needing to bring some materials from home to help build their machines and I will make sure there is time to compile and bring their materials to school.  Please start saving up cardboard as this is a very popular item!  This is a VERY engaging project and I look forward to see the students design, problem solve and build these machines.

November & December:

Tuesday, Nov 30 – Classroom decorating party & BYO Mug

Friday, Dec 3 – BMV & Knight’s Day

Friday, Dec 10 – BMV

Wednesday, Dec 15 – Class Party, Christmas Sweater Day

Friday, December 17th – Last Day of School & early dismissal 11:30