Weekly Update

I want to say a HUGE thank you to all the parents and relatives who are doing so much to help navigate this ‘new adventure’ we are on.  I know this isn’t an easy task and it requires so much time management, patience, and juggling all the different balls that are up in the air right now.  Please know that Mrs. Riley and I are very thankful for you and the efforts you are making to help keep ‘school’ moving forward.  If there is anything we can do to help make things easier for you then please let us know.  We want to support you in any way we can!

Here are a few things you should know about…

Friday Whole Class Morning Meeting – It was LOVELY seeing the class together on Friday morning and I think the kids liked it as well.  We will be meeting as a class EVERY FRIDAY at 9:00.

Video Conference Call – we have scheduled a one-on-one call with your child at the same time each week.  If at all possible, we would love to have your child be available for that time slot.  A helpful hint for remembering would be to have your child put a sticky note on their chromebook or a reminder on a phone/ipod calendar.  If the time slot isn’t working for your family then please email Pam at pgoosen@highroadacademy.com and we can schedule a different time.

Genius Hour – if your child would like to continue with Genius Hour while at home, they are welcome to work on any project of their choosing.  I am introducing a new program called Flipgrid on Monday and they will be able to showcase their project there.  If there are supplies at school then I am  happy to meet you there so you can grab them.  I myself (Pam) am learning to make sourdough bread.  The first one was baked on Friday night – and even though it was a bit over baked the boys in my house gobbled it up in one sitting!  I will be perfecting my own Genius Hour project over the next several weeks!

Bible – we will have a Bible activity for the class to work on this week as well as a BMV for the students to learn.  This will be memorized and either written out (on the chromebook) or recited on an app called Vocaroo.  I have also posted a chapel video that was sent out earlier this week.

Group Chats – The students really enjoyed the group chats this past week so I will have them again next week. Here are the groups – join if you’d like!

Tuesday:

11:00 – 11:30 Riley, Liam, Caleb, Jesse, Kamali, Barnabas

11:30 – 12:00 Calleigh, Grace, Nora, Arianna, Payton, Katlin,

Thursday:

11:00 – 11:30 Josh, Jackson, Zachary, Owen, Jeriel, Ruben, Michael

11:30 – 12:00 Lavinia, Rebecca, Evy, Zyana, Dyllan, Mya

Attached is the schedule for this week.

Weekly Calendar April 20 – 24

Have a wonderful weekend!