Weekly Update

Happy Sunday to you!  I hope you have had a lovely weekend!  We have another four-day week coming up, with Friday being a day of professional development for teachers.  I am heading to a Math conference in Surrey and am looking forward to learning many new things I can bring back to the classroom!

Here are a few items to note:

TOMORROW WEAR RED or KNIGHT’S WEAR – supporting school home volleyball games!!  I’m so sorry I didn’t get this out earlier!  It was on my school calendar but I missed blogging it!  Hopefully, most of you got this information through sibling’s blogs or Highroad social media!!  

Comfort Kit Final Call:  We need to get our Comfort Kit bin put away and I will need all kits by Thursday.

Rainy Day Reminder:  Students head outside rain or shine.  I have a couple extra umbrellas BUT it’s really important that students come to school prepared to be outside in the rain.  PLEASE send along appropriate outerwear!

Quiz & Test Return:  Thank you for signing and returning the tests and quizzes that are being sent home.  Mrs. Shortridge and I thought this would be a way for you to be aware how your child is scoring on some of our class assessment.  We do assess in ways other than quizzes – pen and paper is just one avenue.   😃 Please feel free to come and chat if you have any questions or concerns.

Sewing Project: Almost all students have completed their sewing projects – memory pouches – and they look fantastic!  I have take photos of the projects that are completed and will post them below.  We will be keeping them at school and filling them with important information about our current Social Studies unit.  Once we are done using them they will be sent home.

Upcoming Dates:

Friday, October 20th – Pro D Day (no school)

Tuesday, October 31st – Crazy Hair Day

November 13th – Remembrance Day in Lieu

November 22nd – Western Dress Up Day